Sunday, March 06, 2005

feelings about how to progress

I have mixed feelings on how to progress. I've had the idea of "calling in favors" but I'll have to see how it goes and I want to use them wisely. I know the group is maxed out but they are on the home stretch....

I'm worried that the group is too big and not intimate enough. I feel like there are about 10-15 people I know better than the rest that I could get to participate but I honestly don't think I'm going to get any of them to do anything until they finish this training. I didn't really see the obvious, why send someone an email when you are sittin gin the same classroom with them for 5 weeks. When they return back to their offices, I think the f2f time will be benficial in supporting faviliatating some of this virtual communication. I know they will also want to use email as that is an immediate response so I'm not sure I'll get them to be able to do this for "social or "fun" reasons but rather for more meaningful ones.

I'm also wondering if some kind of a listserve is an idea. One of my cadre mates had that idea when I was discussing with him. I have mixed feeligns about this. The thing I really like and that originally attracted me to the idea of using the threaded discussions was the ability to see the progress and go back and look at what was posted without having to save the emails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home