Thursday, January 06, 2005

Analyzing my AR question

I'm very excited about the outlook my lit review gave me. I feel like I finally got my arms around how this will all go. Although I'm not totally sure which tools I will use and I haven't yet decided on which groups of people to use for which cycles. I know that will come as I continue to dicuss this and think about it.

I also find it helps me to keep thinking about and talking about my approach. It helps me grame it in different ways. I've noticed talking about it to friends and family and explaining it helps me also to better understand it myself. With that in mind, The nut of my question is to utilize various technology to help various communitites to build their knowledge about a given software products or application, thus decentralizing knowledge. Some critical friends have asked if this was smart for me to do since my housing the knowledge is basically my profession and furthermore, my livlihood. This really made me think about it. I find that the value I'm bringing to the organizations I work with will help them to build knowledge and actually open up oportunities for me to assist in facilitating other similar systems for other areas of the company.

One question I asked myself constantly during the development of my ARP last term and also during my lit review, was "What do I want to be an expert at". Again, this was a great insight from a critical friend. The answer to that, although it took me a while to get there, was facilitating communities and using various forms of technology to share and build the knowledge of that community.

Application of this would apply to various environments I work in.
1. Develop communities within organizations I train in by which classes they attend. I.e a powerpoint community, an excel community etc. I will provide an appropriate technology to facilitate this.
2. A community of trainers training on a common product who rarely if ever get together. I provide a technology for sharing training tips and information about the product we are training on.

That's all for now but it's definately taking shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home