Monday, August 23, 2004

Catching Up....Making ARP SELF centered

These are some thoughts I put down on the plane yesterday....

Action research needs to be about me and about self discovery. When I'm working with the Rising Stars, I need to be careful not to make it about them.

As a member and a lieader of RS, how can I develop a more coherent, meaningful communicty to partake in professional and career development. This could be the start of my statement for my ARP.

Another idea that strikes me while reading the ARP books that would be different ARPS are.
1, how can I be a better computer training. I just don't think I have an environment to test this in, or do i? Could it be generic enough to be PowerSchool, Benfield, or CIT?
2. When thinking about an ARP in respect to what is important to me and what do I struggle with, balance strikes me. Trying to keep balance with a family, career, school etc.

Backing into this.
I want to make sure this ARP provides me with what I want from this program, so I think I need to examine what it is I do what and remember that and back into the ARP topic from there.

I want to continue to move my career into the education industry. I'm open for exactly what that means but I know I want to teach at a college and I think I want to be involved in professional development in conjunction with integrating technology into the classroom.

Keeping that in mind helps me think about my arp a little clearer and frame it properly.

Establishing virtual communities for professional development of Rising Stars seems like an obvious thing for the good of the Rising Stars and also it seems like it would be very transferable to teachers and education in general. It also seems like it would be applicable to teaching higher ed classes online.

Another thing to think about are creative ways to fund this.

ARP specific statements/questions
1 - Can professional developmen occur in asynch and synch environments among colleagues?
2 - Should my ARP concentrate more on life balance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home